Ramón Bilbao Facts
Located in Haro, La Rioja Alta; the “sweet spot” of the Rioja DOCa.
185 acres of Estate vineyards with vines averaging 35-plus years of age.
- Traditional acreage is cultivated under long-term grower partnerships.
Vineyards planted to Tempranillo (80%), Garnacha, Mazuelo and Graciano.
- Non-irrigated and predominately non-trellised.
- All vineyards are hand-harvested.
Ramón Bilbao maintains a modern and well-equipped winery; marrying tradition and technology:
- Temperature-controlled stainless steel fermenters
- Concrete tanks, oak foudres
- Some 15,000 barrels (60% American oak and 40% French)
Ramón Bilbao produces approximately 365,000 cases per year. Wines include traditional Crianza, Reserva and Gran Reserva, plus Limited Edition, a niche offering between Crianza and Reserva, and Mirto, the winery’s flagship wine.
Ramón Bilbao Mirto 2005 won the 2008 International Wine Challenge Trophy out of more than 6,000 entries and won “Best Winery of 2009” by the Gourmet Wine Guide (only winery awarded).
With The Deutsch Family
Sustainable Agriculture practiced
Key Selling Point
Ramón Bilbao offers an approachable, modern Rioja flavor profile that respects Rioja traditions.